Lunar eclipses are intense times for us moon worshippers and sensitive souls.
Sometimes I feel the power as a call to action, magically speaking.
But at other times, I feel a drawing in, an invitation to reflect and let things unfold.
Right now, I feel the drawing in. The Moon is asking me to slow down, to cocoon, and to think about what my soul needs, right now.
To give you some background…
I spent most of Sunday on the couch watching movies with Willow the Cat on my lap, my sweetheart beside me, and the fireplace on. We’d been for a walk in the misty Autumn morning (sans Willow of course) so we could feel good about being immobilized for the rest of the day. I don’t think we’ve done that since we moved into our new home. I haven’t actually surrendered a whole day like this, not working, not out sightseeing, not grocery shopping or unpacking or organizing.
We watched the new Marvel movie, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, and re-watched the new Bond movie, No Time to Die. I cried my eyes out through both of them. You’ll get no spoilers from me, and it wasn’t that these movies were so sad, but I felt overcome by the beauty in the world, about the limited time that we have in this life, filled with awe at the whole human experience.
It made me aware of small things that I’m missing, too, like going to see a movie in the actual theatre, like travelling to faraway places, eating in restaurants with friends, and reminded me of the changeable nature of life.
I know that sounds a bit crazy and over the top. They are just movies after all (totally awesome movies though!). But, it showed me how emotionally raw I am right now, how that upcoming Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse on November 19th, 2021 is already impacting me, and how I’m not taking good care of myself as an empath right now.
Are you feeling that intense energy, too?
Lunar eclipses are indeed intense times. To me it feels like going through a full cycle of the Moon, in a very condensed way.
In this particular case, I don’t want to direct things, or work magic to manifest things during the eclipse, I just want to let the universe unfold and guide me, and to get a sense of where I am in my own particular cycle of life right now. I want to see myself, to understand myself, the light and the dark.
If you’re feeling this way, too, join me in some of these soul nourishing practices:
- Go for a walk outside, preferably in nature, or close to a body of water, but its all good. Don’t talk as you walk, just listen to the sounds around you.
- Spend some time alone.
- Ask yourself some questions, and write your thoughts down. Think about the major changes that you have been experiencing lately, and how they are impacting you. Think about where you are in your life, what life cycle are you currently experiencing, and how that feels and what it is revealing to you. Reflect and write.
- If you can, go outside and watch some of the eclipse and notice how that feels to you.
- Ask the Moon to send you a message.
- Honor the Moon Goddess in the way that best fits. Create an altar decorated with moonstone, offer Her a poem or a prayer. Your only intention is to honor her, you are not asking her to manifest your desires.
- Wear or carry moonstone, both white and black if you have it.
- Read the cards for yourself. Try the spread below.
When you pick up your cards, feel the collective love and support coming from me, and from everyone else who is also reading the cards, and from the Moon Goddess herself.
No comments yet.